We presently offer live chat help in English just.
To begin a chat that is live please temporarily improve your web site’s language to English by using these actions.
In the event that you’ve tried to recover your Squarespace account but still can’t access it, we’re here to simply help. Please enter just as much information as you’re able to, however if you’re perhaps not certain about particular details, offer your absolute best guess.
• Do you currently attempt to recover your account through the login web page? We’ll request you to try that very very very first if you haven’t yet.
• For your security, we’ll only provide account details to your account owner.
• For assistance recovering a (google) G Suite account, call us here.
Whether you are hosting a domain or web site with GoDaddy, you can make use of this help guide to produce a brand new squarespace website, link your domain, and minmise the Search Engine Optimization effect of switching platforms.
Variation 7.1 does not presently support content that is moving GoDaddy.
That which you can go
- Domain names – in the event that you bought domain names from GoDaddy, you are able to move them to Squarespace. You are able to move numerous domain names, whether or not they’re currently parked, on hold, or attached to a vintage web site.
- Site content – If you created an online site using GoDaddy’s Site Builder (or any other site host) and would like to redesign it on Squarespace, this technique involves recreating your internet site using our tools and templates and going your domain names. It’s not feasible to import a niche site or its content from GoDaddy.
Become familiar with Squarespace
Before building your website, we suggest using minute to explore Squarespace and find out how the working platform works.
You can view our starting movie series for a summary on producing a website. If you like written responses, our Getting Started web page links to popular guides. Browse this Knowledge Base to get assistance on any Squarespace function.
Transfer a parked GoDaddy domain
When you yourself have a domain registered with GoDaddy that’s not linked to a website yet, you could get started with Squarespace by moving your domain first then updating its parking web page.
Go a GoDaddy domain and site
Step one – Build your internet site
Whenever recreating your website, you are able to reuse content in your GoDaddy web site with certainly one of our versatile, design-focused templates. You are able to build a brand new website on Squarespace with one of these actions:
- Begin an endeavor – Every Squarespace web site starts by having a 14-day free trial offer, no bank card needed. Studies include complete usage of Squarespace features and tend to be a great solution to see if our platform satisfies your preferences.
- Opt for a version 7.0 template or create a customized template – Our templates utilize demo content to demonstrate off features that are key but every template is adaptable. Make use of any template to generate a stunning website for a selection of requirements, from small company internet web sites to musician’s portfolios, weddings, and much more. It is possible to switch templates whenever you want.
- Include pages – Place Layout Pages and pages that are specialized like Gallery and Blog Pages, in your navigation menu to generate a website framework.
- Upload content – Grow your web web site with the addition of text to Text Blocks, uploading pictures, and moving content to create unique layouts.
- Edit the design – utilize Site Styles to alter fonts, colors, along with other design choices.
If you are making use of content from your own GoDaddy site for the brand new Squarespace web web web site, make use of the following suggestions to make sure a transition that is smooth
- Whenever copying and pasting text, eliminate text formatting to avoid importing stray HTML tags. These could interfere together with your website’s design settings.
- Format your pictures so that they look great on different screen sizes.
Step 2 – move your domain
As soon as your web site is prepared, complete your change by transferring your domain to Squarespace. In this manner, you can easily handle every aspect of the web site from 1 solution in the place of two, and Squarespace will help with any problems with your domain straight.
In case your domain doesn’t satisfy our transfer demands, or for those who have a complex enrollment setup, you can easily link it alternatively. It is possible to register a Squarespace Domain. All Squarespace web web internet sites for a billing that is annual consist of one customized domain for per year. You can easily register more domains for $20 to $70 each year.
Action 3 – keep your Search Engine Optimization
All Squarespace web web sites, on every plan, are optimized for contemporary search-engines at no cost that is additional. Your website is coded in a real means which makes it simple for Bing as well as other the search engines to find and index its content. For more information on our Search Engine Optimization features, offered at no extra expense, see Search Engine Optimization and Squarespace overview.
Going a website between platforms can impact its search ranking, at the least in the beginning. This is especially valid if some URLs modification as well as other internet internet web sites continue steadily to url to your old URLs. By after our recommendations, it is possible to reduce this impact on Bing search engine results and possibly raise your search performance into the run that is long.
Together with your Squarespace web web site structure currently designed for a solid search engine optimization strategy, you are able to just simply take extra actions to boost your internet site’s presence to look machines.
Move 4 – Upgrade to paid service
Your 14-day trial offer provides a possiblity to explore Squarespace and discover if our platform will fit the bill. Once you’ve explored the working platform and chose to grow your new website with Squarespace, you’ll want to update to paid service.
You’ll maintain your web web web site personal before the design is you’re and finished ready to include a domain.
Move 5 – Cancel solution with GoDaddy
Squarespace provides web hosting service and, in the event that you transferred or registered a domain with us, domain hosting. After your Squarespace web web site is online, you’ve imported or recreated all important content, with no longer need your old web web site, you can easily most likely cancel solution with GoDaddy.
Nonetheless, in the event that you connected a domain this is certainly still hosted by GoDaddy (instead of moving it), you’ll want to maintain that domain subscription. If you are not sure, contact GoDaddy to ensure just just what solutions you are investing in.
Can there be a free form of squarespace?
You could begin every web site with a free of charge 14-day test, but we do not offer a free of charge variation for ongoing internet web internet sites.
I cannot locate a template for my certain company.
Squarespace templates are versatile, therefore each template could be personalized to generate any true quantity of web web site designs. We use demo content to exhibit off key features, however a template with restaurant demo content is not restricted to restaurant web internet sites.
Browse any template within our template store to begin to see the variety of genuine consumer internet web sites built employing a solitary template. Alternatively, you can easily produce a customized template by responding to several concerns.
Could I have numerous individuals work on my web site?
Yes. It is possible to ask contributors to modify and manage your internet site. By establishing permissions that are different you are able to make sure your group has got the degree of access appropriate for their obligations.
May I eliminate “Powered by Squarespace?”
Yes. This text is optional on every plan and template. You’re welcome to remove it and change it along with other content.
Do i have to optimize my web site for mobile?
No. We utilize integrated mobile styles to make fully sure your site appears great on any display size. There is no need certainly to design a mobile-specific form of your web site.
Can somebody reconstruct my web web site on Squarespace for me personally?
Yes. Although we’re here 24/7 to allow you to change to Squarespace, you could determine that you need to have more design that is extensive development assistance from a Squarespace Expert.
For lots more questions that are popular going to Squarespace, visit beginning with Squarespace FAQ.